The 2011 longlist for the Miles Franklin Literary Award was announced yesterday.
Since it was first awarded in 1957 to Patrick White for his novel Voss, the award has encouraged authors and delivered an immense contribution to the richness of Australian cultural life’ (The Trust Company).
The Miles Franklin Literary Award is Australia’s most prestigious literary prize and comes with $50,000 prize money.
- Rocks in the Belly by Jon Bauer
- The Good Daughter by Honey Brown
- The Mary Smokes Boys by Patrick Holland
- The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta
- When Colts Ran by Roger McDonald
- Time’s Long Ruin by Stephen Orr
- That Deadman Dance by Kim Scott
- The Legacy Kirsten Tranter
- Bereft by Chris Womersley
To read more about the longlist novels and their authors, click on this link.
The Shortlist is due to be announced on 19 April 2011