Overnight in London the judges of the 2009 Man Booker Prize for Fiction announced the shortlist for this year’s prize. The six shortlisted titles, chosen from a longlist of 13 are:
- The Children’s Book by A S Byatt
- Summertime by J M Coetzee
- The Quickening Maze by Adam Fould
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- The Glass Room by Simon Mawer
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
The winner will be announced on Tuesday October 6th and will receive £50,000 and can look forward to greatly increased sales and worldwide recognition. Each of the six shortlisted authors, including the winner, receives £2,500 and a designer bound edition of their own book.